This afternoon the Organizing Committee of Peak to Creek 2016 met for an important briefing whose focus was on the severe weather warnings of this coming weekend and the possibilities to make a few changes on the schedule and race course 2016. The weather forecasts are expecting strong snowfalls on next Saturday and Sunday and those might have a huge impact on the event.
Peak to Creek, scheduled for Sunday February 28, 2016, will NOT change date. The Organizing Committee is instead taking into consideration the possibility to make some changes on the race course and on the schedule of the event if the weather conditions will be thaat bad as predicted from the forecasts. Any possible change will be made to safeguard the safety of the participants.
If the weather alert will be real, the ski area will, therefore, become unsafe at the top: low visibility and fresh snow on the course. In that case we will not be able to provide the classic race course from Bormio 3000 to Bormio which may expose the skiers to jeopardy. The Organizing Committee will then have to find a different solution: the race course will have to be shorter and safe.
The possible alternative race course will start from 2,100 meters on the S. Ambrogio slope. It will look more like a giant slalom rather than a downhill. The gates will be positioned a lot closer to each other. Our suggestion is to bring shorter skis: don’t bring your downhill skis! If the change on race course will be made, the Organizing Committee will give a communication on Sunday morning a few minutes before the official race start set for 10:30 am.
After the race, free lunch for the racers at the Ski Stadium Atleti Azzurri d’Italia and then prize giving at the bar après ski BeWhite.
The Organizing Committe of Peak to Creek 2016 would like to remind you that Peak to Creek is a non competitive event open to all those who love ski.
Looking forward to some better weather, we wish you all a great race!
C.O. Peak to Creek