This afternoon the Organizing Committee of Peak to Creek 2016 met for an important briefing whose focus was on the severe weather warnings of this coming weekend and the possibilities to make a few changes on the schedule and race course 2016. The weather forecasts are expecting strong snowfalls on next Saturday and Sunday and those might have a huge impact on the event.
Peak to Creek, scheduled for Sunday February 28, 2016, will NOT change date. The Organizing Committee is instead taking into consideration the possibility to make some changes on the race course and on the schedule of the event if the weather conditions will be thaat bad as predicted from the forecasts. Any possible change will be made to safeguard the safety of the participants.
If the weather alert will be real, the ski area will, therefore, become unsafe at the top: low visibility and fresh snow on the course. In that case we will not be able to provide the classic race course from Bormio 3000 to Bormio which may expose the skiers to jeopardy. The Organizing Committee will then have to find a different solution: the race course will have to be shorter and safe.
The possible alternative race course will start from 2,100 meters on the S. Ambrogio slope. It will look more like a giant slalom rather than a downhill. The gates will be positioned a lot closer to each other. Our suggestion is to bring shorter skis: don’t bring your downhill skis! If the change on race course will be made, the Organizing Committee will give a communication on Sunday morning a few minutes before the official race start set for 10:30 am.
After the race, free lunch for the racers at the Ski Stadium Atleti Azzurri d’Italia and then prize giving at the bar après ski BeWhite.
The Organizing Committe of Peak to Creek 2016 would like to remind you that Peak to Creek is a non competitive event open to all those who love ski.
Looking forward to some better weather, we wish you all a great race!
C.O. Peak to Creek
Peak to Creek 2016: the schedule
Saturday February 27, 2016
- 10:00 am | guided warm-up lap; meeting point Bormio 3000
- 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm | race bib and chip collection at Bormio Ticket Office, St. Battaglion Morbegno 25 (Important! You will be asked to leave a € 20.00 deposit for the chip. You will get your money back right after your race)
- 5:00 pm | Welcome Party at bar après ski BeWhite
Sunday February 28, 2016
- 8:00 am – 10:00 am | race bib and chip collection
- 9:00 – 10:00 am | warm-up lap
- 10:30 am | race start (return your chip immediately after your race)
- 12:30 pm | free lunch at Ski Stadium “Atleti Azzurri d’Italia”
- 3:00 pm | prize giving at bar après ski BeWhite
- 4:00 pm | Peak to Creek Party at BeWhite
Peak to Creek 2016: the race bib collection
The race bib collection will take place at the MTB Shop Bormio Bike, by the bottom station of the cableway Bormio-Bormio 2000. Here you will be given your bib and chip.
- Battaglion Morbegno 25 St.
23032 Bormio (SO)
- Saturday February 27, 2016 from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Sunday February 28, 2016 from 8:00 am to 10:00 am
You will be asked a € 20,00 deposit for your chip. You will get your money right back immediately after your race. We kindly recommend that only one racer per couple shows up at the bib and chip collection in order to make our work easier.
FEBRUARY 25, 2016