The unique features of the race Peak to Creek and its course
- 1,787-m vertical drop!
- 8-km length
- start Cima Bianca – 3,012 meters
- finish Bormio – 1,225 meters
- shivering gradient, max. 60 %!
- only 30 directional gates, for a downhill style alpine race!
- technical spots on the famous Stelvio slope, house of the Downhill Alpine Ski World Cup race
Peak to Creek’s course
- Start by the highest point of the ski area, Cima Bianca (3,012 m)
- Right turn on Ferrari slope
- Conca Valbella (2,527 m)
- Praimont slope until juncture with Sant’Ambrogio slope
- Sant’Ambrogio slope
- Praimont slope by ski lift Rocca Est (zone so called Bruciato)
- Canalino nuovo
- Stelvio slope
- Diagonal Carcentina (the real one, where World Cup champs pass by so fast)
- Piana del Ciuk (1,638 m)
- Wall of San Pietro (maximum gradient: 60 %; 1,550 m)
- Stelvio slope all the way to Bormio (1,225 m)
Peak to Creek’s course: the Go Pro video!
All the 1,800 meters of vertical drop filmed in this spectacular video shot in 2012 with a Go Pro. The images are really incredible!
- Matteo Sangiorgio (2nd place in 2012)
- Federico Formenti (1st place in 2012).
Take a look!