The Organizing Committee gathered on the evening of January 20 and in that occasion it made the schedule of Peak to Crek 2017 official. The event will regularly take place on Saturday January 28, 2017 with the race start scheduled for 10:45 am.
The after-race will be very different this year with the prize giving ceremony and the party at the Ski Stadium Atleti Azzurri d’Italia. At the bottom of the legendary Stelvio slope we will arrange lunch for the race participants. Since morning time you will have music and entertainment on the snow with several food and beverage stations and a dj set.
At 3:00 pm the prize giving ceremony will be prepared on the stage and then at 4:00 pm the Peak to Creek Party will start.
The schedule of Peak to Creek 2017: changes on the course
During the meeting, the discussion focused on the security plan of the race. At the table we had, among many, the people concerned: the slope manager of Bormio Ski, the coordinator of race security and ambulance team, the course managers and the State Police.
In order to have high security standards on the course, the Organizing Committee decided to lower the start from Cimino, at 2,636 meters. This decision is a consequence of the several inspections made the days before during which we certified the presence of rocks in the off-piste and slope border at high altitude.
At the top of the ski area the strong wind literally blew off the snow in the off-piste. In case of a serious fall the racers may end up falling off-piste and hitting the rocks.
In order to avoid predictable and risky accidents, the Organizing Committee decided to lower the start of the race from Cimino unless the off-piste will happen to be full of snow on race day.
Further communications will be published on the official website of the event: peaktocreek.it.
- Start at Cimino (2,636 m)
- Conca Valbella (2,527 m)
- Praimont slope until juncture with Sant’Ambrogio slope
- Sant’Ambrogio slope
- Praimont slope by ski lift Rocca Est (zone so called Bruciato)
- Canalino nuovo
- Stelvio slope
- Diagonal Carcentina (the real one, where World Cup champs pass by so fast)
- Piana del Ciuk (1,638 m)
- Wall of San Pietro (maximum gradient: 60 %; 1,550 m)
- Stelvio slope all the way to Bormio (1,225 m)
The schedule of Peak to Creek 2017 – XII Edition
Friday January 27, 2017
- 2:00 pm | guided warm-up lap; meeting point Bormio 2000
- 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm | race bib and chip collection at MTB rental Bormio Bike, located at the bottom station of the cableway Bormio-Bormio 2000 on 25 Battaglion Morbegno St. (Important! You will be asked to leave a € 20.00 deposit for the chip. You will get your money back right after your race)
Saturday January 28, 2017
- 8:00 am – 10:00 am | race bib and chip collection
- 10:45 am | race start (return your chip immediately after your race)
- 12:30 pm | free lunch at Ski Stadium “Atleti Azzurri d’Italia”
- 3:00 pm | prize giving at Ski Stadium “Atleti Azzurri d’Italia”
- 4:00 pm | Peak to Creek Party at Ski Stadium “Atleti Azzurri d’Italia”